Monthly Archives: August 2010
Today was my first day of the 2010-2011 school year. I can honestly say that it was absolutely fantastic and I have reason to believe that this will be an excellent year for me. Although it is too early to decide which classes are my favorites I believe my Geometry class will be much better than my previous math classes.
After my Honors English class I stopped by the classroom of our school play director. I said hello before dropping off a box containing the finished copies of my Master Manderdorke play for review. I gave her a director folder, a cast folder, a stage crew folder, a sample audition script, a summary of the play contents, and a CD containing the play files. I couldn’t believe her reaction –she was absolutely thrilled and she hadn’t even read the play yet! This made me absolutely overjoyed. I cannot wait to hear what she has to say about it. So far the chance of my play succeeding this year is looking rather hopeful. I hope tomorrow will be an even better day than today.
I finally photographed my county fair entries from this year.
My doll of Mat Devine (The vocalist from the Chicago alternative rock band Kill Hannah) won second place. I actually missed him while he was on display at the fair. Apparently I became too used to him hanging in his frame on my bedroom wall. Mat was exhibited (As photographed) without his frame, guitar (Yes, he plays guitar too!), microphone and other jacket.
This is my wire spiral bracelet which took fourth place. It probably would have placed higher but somehow the clasp became undone. (Probably while being placed on the shelf, carried, handled, etc.) Despite this I am very happy with its placing. The bracelet also won fourth place in the school art show Spring 2010.
I hope to update again soon with news about the Master Manderdorke play. I may even update on other events such as band. Yes, Friday night football games are returning at last! I can’t wait to see what awaits our football them this year and if we will do as well as the last season. Until my next post I bid you farewell.
– DA Agelle
Yesterday I completely finished the Master Manderdorke play printing! I know this update is late but I wanted to include absolutely everything about the finished play in print.
First off I am thrilled to say that everything was printed to an extraordinary standard -All items from the scripts to the folder covers. Printing took around 4/5 cartridges of ink but I don’t mind. Ink was the main reason why the printing took more days than planned. The first day I blew through two whole ink cartridges and ended up being only halfway done with printing. Before I purchased another cartridge I constructed all 25 of the folders –3 fluorescent red/orange for the directors and 22 for cast/crew. A box was also found to store them in. A few more ink cartridges later everything was printed, stapled/paper clipped, and placed in the folders. The play is complete just before school which starts on Wednesday.
On Friday I paid a visit to the county fair and discovered that I won TWO ribbons in the indoor exhibits! My Mat Devine felt doll won second place in the fabric dolls category. The wire spiral bracelet (Which won fourth in the school art show) took the fourth place ribbon. When the indoor exhibits are released I will post pictures of my entries as well as a picture of my completed play.
Hello to everyone! I am sorry for my lack of blogging but I was very busy. I plan to make a goal now to update on not only my writing but other meaningful events in my life. I hope everyone is enjoying their summer. My summer was amazing so far and I am proud to announce that I have finally completed my Master Manderdorke play –script, stage guide, character guide and all. The only tasks left are to print everything out and assemble the cast/crew/director booklets. Do not worry if you have no idea what those are. I will explain them later on (As well as possibly post pictures of the completed booklets!) Currently stockpiled by the printer are:
– 2 stacks of paper
– 2 ink cartridges
– 1 box of paperclips
– 22 pieces of black poster board
– 3 pieces of fluorescent red/orange poster board
Now all I am waiting for is to start printing! I hope to start sometime around Wednesday or Friday. Oh –and the supplies all fit well under my enormous budget of $80. I think this all cost somewhere around $60. The ink was the most expensive item. The total may be upped by another four dollars if I decide to buy another pack of paper. (I probably will.) I happily spent this money for the chance of my play being performed onstage. Yes, I seriously believe this play is good enough to be considered for performance. If not then I will continue to work until it is.
The time which is not spent on Master Manderdorke is usually spent on either band, the horses, or a few minor side projects. This year I have 3 entries in the county fair. See if you can pick them out! I will post pictures of them after the fair when I will probably write my next post. In the meantime you can occupy your time with “A Valentine Poem From Beyond”, a poem about zombies that I wrote a while ago and posted earlier this month.
Farewell until then,